A new month always comes with new challenges and opportunities for us to live a healthier life.
I have been thinking about building the perfect workout routine. And by that, I mean something I would stick with, three times a week. No excuses.
I do have a stationary bike at home but it is time I stop lying to myself. I could have all of the top notch fitness equipment in the world, without motivation and enthusiasm, I will not move a finger. And my stationary bike is starting to look real cute as a coat rack.
Anyway, as I am a night owl and I am used to working out late, gym or not, I put together this little safety guide. In case I might start running intensely again. You never know.
- Always have your phone charged with you.
- If you like to listen to music when you’re out exercising, keep the volume low. It is crucial to be aware of your surroundings when you are alone.
- Wear bright shoes or high visibility clothing.
- Follow the main roads with traffic and avoid poorly lit areas.
- Tell someone where you are going. This one is super important. You always want to text a friend or tell your family where you’re heading and how long you will be gone.
- Have something to identify you. I know it sounds stupid but I always have some money on me and my ID in my pocket.
- If you are afraid or don’t feel comfortable being out late at night or early in the morning, you can put your house keys between your knuckles. It is a bit extra but could make you feel safer.
- Use an app which will allow people to track you down. I know a lot of people use Bsafe but a personal favorite of mine is Companion. I also use the app if I go out late drinking and come back home alone. You can also use fitness apps or running apps like map my run or Runkeeper ( my favorite ). They track your run and send it to your computer.
- Exercise or go for a run with someone. A workout buddy is ideal or a dog for the lucky ones.
- Go somewhere you know or plan your route in advance. As always, better be safe than sorry.
This article is really small but you can never be too careful. I realized halfway through writing it that most of the tips can be applied to our daily life.
I also wanted to give you a little update on my blog. I don’t know if you have noticed but my blog is now veggieoverseas.com which I am very happy about. I really want to personalize this blog as much as I can for a more pleasant experience for you guys ( if that makes any sense ).
I am currently working with Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, trying to animate my drawings which is a lot of work. I love art, creating templates & drawing and I would like to add more images to my articles.
If you have any suggestions or requests please let me know. I’ll also be celebrating the two month anniversary of my blog next Saturday and I’ll try to plan something special.
Have a lovely weekend